I made new recordings, but it is still a kind of test. I’m testing the sound and the animation elements. I don’t want to disturb the voice or the acting. I like that the atmosphere expands the room; something is going on in the background. A lot of the sound is not planned; for example, while recording sound from a dog there are licking his paw, I got traffic sound in the background. I like to explore the sound after recording, there is always something unplanned which are useful.
I’m working on a new sequence.
I made a new poem out of my list of words, which is not a list but a pile of cutout words. By the law of chance, this text appeared (tried many others). For me, it has resonance, not directly to any of my dreams but to my life situation right now, for me it releases emotions.
I got the thoughts that I have made not just a list of “dream words” but a vocabulary to express myself in general.
I have to make another shooting session, my outcome is too blurry.
I’m very satisfied with the acting. It is interesting to have two characters at the same time. Looking forward to incorporating background and other painted elements.
As a test, I printed out some different images, I wanted to see how they work as physical objects. I used a Plotter and uncoated paper.
The images with bright colours are working better than the two in the first colon. The saturated colours have a really good appearance. The two images from the first, colon have to be colour corrected before printing.
I am testing the mixe of footage; dancing girl, scissors and the talking head. I am also testing the background sound. By repeating the same sound bites, it creates a rhythm without being music. It is a rhythm and a breath.
Maybe it is my direction to go, sound wise; using kind of non sound like a breath before a word, a footstep before it touches the ground etc.
A test of mixed footage on a real location.
Still testing watercolour elements in After Effect. Testing the importance of recognizable objects.
I made this dream image in three versions. My intention was to transform knowing object to abstract forms.